Summer Zucchini Noodles
- 1 large yellow zucchini
- 1½ teaspoons ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1½ teaspoon packed fresh oregano, finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh feta
- 1 handful finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Using a julienne peeler or spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin ribbons. Stop peeling once you get to the seeds. Set the peeled zucchini strands aside.
- Heat ghee in sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, fennel seeds and chili flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini ribbons and freshly minced oregano to sauté pan. It should sizzle in the pan. If not, increase heat to medium. Stir to combine. Add a generous pinch sea salt and ground pepper.
- Sauté another 2 to 3 minutes until zucchini is tender, being careful not to overcook. Once zucchini is tender, turn off the heat and toss in a handful of feta and grated Parmesan. Stir to combine. Season with additional sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use a large fork to twirl the pasta onto a large spoon and serve in little pasta mounds. Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serves 2.